Drag select / map on ipad

Circles Forum Forums General Drag select / map on ipad

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    radorossum
    Participant

How do I drag-select or otherwise select multiple nodes on iPad ? I am also looking for a way to quickly embed nodes into a map (on ipad). Is there a way to drag a node into a map node?

PS it would also be great if the keyboard shortcuts listed on desktop worked on an ipad with a keyboard (e.g. Cmd-A, etc)

Anton Heestand
    Keymaster

Hi, currently drag to select is macOS only. I haven’t figured out a good way to select multiple nodes on iPadOS. Maybe with a keyboard shift + tap could select multiple nodes. I’ll look in to adding this to the app. Dragging nodes directly into a Map Node is a good idea, currently you have to copy and paste nodes. I’ll also look into porting the keyboard shortcuts to iPad.

radorossum
    Participant

thanks. i think shift+tap or holding one finger on first item and tapping with another finger on other items to expand selection would work. another idea if you want to avoid using keyboard is to make a pop-up helper selection icon (like the ones that do copy/delete now) into which you can drag items to expand a selection until you say just tap select on a single item to reset if needed.

Anton Heestand
    Keymaster

ok, i’ve now implemented shift + select for people that have a keyboard. it will be available in next version. I think multi finger select is a good idea tho it might be tricky to implement as two fingers will zoom.
    I’ll look into adding another quick action with an icon to select additional nodes. unfortunately command + a is taken by Apple on iPad, so I added command + shift + a for selecting all nodes instead.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.